15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
July 14, 2015, 1:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,829
Gold Stars: 854
I can almost forgive the divvy steward for having a fit and cacking his pants during the incident - if you're not expecting people to celebrate and are unaware of what the celebrations might be like on that situation, I'm sure it would have been somewhat of a surprise to be stuck in the middle of it. Not sure about his "out of body experience" like, but there's more meat on a flipping gnat's member so I'm sure he thought he was at some risk of injury. It's a shame he wasn't actually bludgeoned to death, in my opinion.

What I can't forgive is the police officer concocting a story purely to get one over on Mr Meech and, in my view, take a swipe at football fans in general. What was the quote she attributed to him again - "you can flipping have it as well"? Really? She was close enough to hear him say that as he unleashed a devastating physical attack on poor Mr Gladyng but didn't bother doing anything? I was in that crowd and I could barely hear myself shout, let alone what someone twenty yards away was saying.

That officer should be absolutely ashamed of herself. I have absolutely no doubt that she committed perjury yesterday, nothing out of the ordinary for the dibble - true, and it really does show what football fans are up against when a prosecutor can get someone convicted of assault having seen the evidence for just 20 MINUTES.

ACAB.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 140
Teds Lad
July 14, 2015, 2:21pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +61
Surely there must be a commercially minded Solicitor out there who could pick this case up with all of it's publicity, both locally and nationally, run with the injustice of the decision and hopefully have the Judge's decision overturned on Appeal. This action would have huge benefits for the Solicitor (whose local standing would benefit greatly  -  what GTFC Fan would use any other Solicitor?), his National standing from the publicity and GTFC in general when the true facts are aired in an Appeal. Sadly as an Accountant I cannot help but would love to have the qualifications and skill to take this case on.  Is there anyone out there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 140
mariner83
July 14, 2015, 2:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Not sure if this has already been posted?

[url=http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/grimsby-town-fan-convicted-for-assaulting-steward-with-inflatable-shark]http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/grimsby-town-fan-convicted-for-assaulting-steward-with-inflatable-shark[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 102 - 140
Abdul19
July 14, 2015, 2:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ska face

What I can't forgive is the police officer concocting a story purely to get one over on Mr Meech and, in my view, take a swipe at football fans in general. What was the quote she attributed to him again - "you can flipping have it as well"? Really? She was close enough to hear him say that as he unleashed a devastating physical attack on poor Mr Gladyng but didn't bother doing anything? I was in that crowd and I could barely hear myself shout, let alone what someone twenty yards away was saying.

I wonder if that question was raised in court? And if not, why not?

Or is it just a case of, 'she's the police, therefore it's fact'.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 140
Teds Lad
July 14, 2015, 2:55pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +61
My apologies, I hadn't seen the article for which you kindly supplied the link.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 140
Quagmire
July 14, 2015, 3:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from mariner83
Not sure if this has already been posted?

[url=http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/grimsby-town-fan-convicted-for-assaulting-steward-with-inflatable-shark]http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/grimsby-town-fan-convicted-for-assaulting-steward-with-inflatable-shark[/url]

Linked in that article is another case mentioned .... Another GTFC fan arrested at .... Barnet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 140
mariner83
July 14, 2015, 3:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Quagmire

Linked in that article is another case mentioned .... Another GTFC fan arrested at .... Barnet

I read that one as well, I wasn't aware of it until I read that article. It's ridiculous.

As is this one (non football)...
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159582/Rail-passenger-furious-arrested-stealing-electricity-plug-point-train-charge-phone.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159582/Rail-passenger-furious-arrested-stealing-electricity-plug-point-train-charge-phone.html[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 106 - 140
somersetmariner
July 14, 2015, 4:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
May I understand something, was this the 'victims' second experience at a football match in England?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 140
Les Brechin
July 14, 2015, 4:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Guess what today is?

Co-incidence or what?  

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/shark-awareness-day/

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 140
RichMariner
July 14, 2015, 4:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,171
Gold Stars: 212
Bopping someone on the head with an inflatable shark. Charging your phone on a train.

These minor indiscretions are being punished with an inappropriate level of force. You can tell the Tories are in power.

Does anyone remember that episode of Father Ted where someone's whistle got stolen and the whole island overreacted?

That was exaggerated for comic effect. Sadly this is real life.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 109 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crime story

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.