Private Message
Reply: 110 - 140
GrimRob
July 14, 2015, 11:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
It's a waste of time and money the police even being there in the first place. Town are never going to cause any problem at Barnet so they have to "find" crimes to justify their overtime.

The week we played Barnet three London schoolgirls went missing and and went to Syria to join ISIS. Obviously the police were too busy to intrecept them.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 111 - 140
Marinerz93
July 14, 2015, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The overwhelming thoughts of the majority of people are against this case and similar petty charges that should never have been brought before the courts.

3 jumped up Magistrates which, I am guessing have no real legal background, have made a complete mockery of justice.

Had this gone to Crown, it would have been kicked out straight away.  You see the jury are made up from members of the public, who have more common sense than the charlatans who found Ken Meech guilty.

The Police used to be  a respected part of society but now they are little more than petty tax collectors and football fans are the cash cows.

I thin it's about time that we have a people's grand jury to over see these fcukers.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 140
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2015, 12:10am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from EY Mariner
Not to mention this obscenity that the IPCC refused to do anything about.

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/04/newspaper-challenges-metropolitan-police-harassment-warning-croydon-advertiser[/url]

This is all beginning to sound like Putin's Russia. But there's no frigging national media complaining about this loss of freedom.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 140
Teestogreen
July 15, 2015, 12:19am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
The case will go to Crown, if an appeal is made.

If Ken Meech wishes to try and rescind his conviction for assault (not battery) i.e. the threat of violence - not actual violence, then the same witnesses that spoke against him would need to attend again.

Would be interesting to see what collective videos - CCTV would show the possibility of the witnesses being correct.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 140
psgmariner
July 15, 2015, 2:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Private Message
Reply: 115 - 140
BIGChris
July 15, 2015, 7:29am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from psgmariner

Some of his comments are correct BUT we are talking about Kenny Meechs case here. The majority of fair minded people would say being hit by a balloon either intentionally or not isn't something that should result in a criminal record and a huge waste of tax payers money.

I have no experience as a steward but IMO. Standing amongst the crowd is unnecessary they should be pitch side of the barriers.

The way so many things are organised at football is just to sanitise the experience. Fans, if they wish, should be allowed to sing, even be boisterous, within the confines of their 'end' provided they aren't doing criminal damage.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 140
WetFlannel
July 15, 2015, 7:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
As an aside to the Meech case,I'd say MOST Barnet stewards that day seemed fine, in fact the one near us (in a Charlton hat reversed) was dancing along to chants, having a laugh and generally keeping everything sensible near us. The few that were girl privates really were girl privates though. In particular the lead supervisor with his dictatorial stance did a good job of riling up everyone with one or two cronies (maybe including the lad who commented on the forum above?) and conveniently it was the small parts they where in where the issues occurred.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 140
Caesar
July 15, 2015, 11:26am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from WetFlannel
As an aside to the Meech case,I'd say MOST Barnet stewards that day seemed fine, in fact the one near us (in a Charlton hat reversed) was dancing along to chants, having a laugh and generally keeping everything sensible near us. The few that were girl privates really were girl privates though. In particular the lead supervisor with his dictatorial stance did a good job of riling up everyone with one or two cronies (maybe including the lad who commented on the forum above?) and conveniently it was the small parts they where in where the issues occurred.

Got to agree.  In a move I now regret before the Meech case came to light I emailed Barnet to say how well and in what good humour I thought the Stewards had handled the occassion.  Everyone of the stewards I dealt with or interacted with were top class.  I thought that was a universal at the time tbh which is why this so shocked me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 140
Les Brechin
July 15, 2015, 11:32am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Caesar

Got to agree.  In a move I now regret before the Meech case came to light I emailed Barnet to say how well and in what good humour I thought the Stewards had handled the occassion.  Everyone of the stewards I dealt with or interacted with were top class.  I thought that was a universal at the time tbh which is why this so shocked me.

Me too, I didn't email them but I did make a point of saying to a couple how well they had handled the game, especially as some of our, shall we say, "more boisterous fans" were giving the stewards at the front more than enough reason at times to eject them.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crime story

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.