Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumours - just one thread, please !!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 64 Guests

Rumours - just one thread, please !!

This thread currently has 630,910 views. Print
298 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
June 12, 2022, 11:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Cliftons only 24 years old and all the attributes people are putting him down on are the ones that tend to get better with age, with good coaching and development hes 100% got the potential to play in league 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 2971
Zmariner
June 13, 2022, 12:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
We are a much better team with Clifton in. He is in on merit, no sentiment and he would be a bad loss. He is underrated by many. 7/10 most games and could easily go higher. An excellent athlete with some talent and a great attitude. He can get better utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 2971
toontown
June 13, 2022, 12:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,268
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
We've offered Harry Clifton a deal. It's up to him whether he signs or goes elsewhere.

If rumours about FGR are true he would only be human if he was tempted.

Now let me just say I like Harry. And there is no doubt he has improved each season. He is still young and can get better.

His biggest assets are his work rate commitment and versatility.

But for me there are areas of his game he needs to improve upon if he is to be an impact player at L2 or L 1.

The big one being more composed on the ball and when chances fall his way. Too often he seems to get rushed and gives the ball away cheaply or snatches at chances. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or not.

He lacks that bit of pace to be a genuine wide player and seems better suited to a central role but Hursty doesn't seem to trust him in there at the moment..

I hope he stays but if he decides to go whilst we would miss his running he is not irreplaceable.

Whatever he decides I wish him well.

He certainly doesn't lack pace, he was one of our quickest players last season, on top of a truly putstandihg engine. A phenomenal athlete, hard tackling , committed, ectremely versatile and well disciplined.

We would be much the poorer without him. Itsnot often that in today's modern game players can  be truly described as box to box midfielders who are able to do the defensive work,central work and attacking work. The high paced nature of the game makes it so much more difficult than the past, but Harry is a genuine box to box player even now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 2971
June 13, 2022, 6:41am
Guest User
With regard to Lincoln sniffing around Fox, have they even got a manager at the moment? And the coaching staff have left too. Reckon they’re odds on to go down myself.
Reply: 63 - 2971
June 13, 2022, 6:42am
Guest User
Oh and Clifton is an immense player. Hope he signs
Reply: 64 - 2971
June 13, 2022, 6:45am
Guest User
Quoted from 140381
With regard to Lincoln sniffing around Fox, have they even got a manager at the moment? And the coaching staff have left too. Reckon they’re odds on to go down myself.

My mistake, I see they’ve appointed the assistant manager of one of the worst Birmingham City sides ever. Nailed on to go down. I might actually put money on it.
Reply: 65 - 2971
SheepGTFC
June 13, 2022, 6:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +297
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Simon
I'm hoping there is no truth in it but four clubs are chasing Mcatee, Peterborough, Bradford, Lincoln & Wrexham

Be a big loss if he is lured away

If we can get a big fee for him and a sell on clause then why not? We have a manager who knows how to find and pick players and a Chairman who will back him. As much as I love McAtee and think he has a huge upside and will continue to grow. No 1 player is bigger than the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 2971
June 13, 2022, 7:09am
Guest User
I see the Lincoln fans are on  
Reply: 67 - 2971
Son of Cod
June 13, 2022, 8:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,351
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from It Bites
Fox went from a good team player to an un dropable in 3 play off games . He certainly did his negotiations no harm at all but Hurst isn't daft , he worked with him all season . He won't let 3 games sway the deal

Fox has probably been our best player since he came back from injury. He's been been quality with Holohan. I would agree that he wasn't hitting those heights earlier in the season but other than the McAteeless slump I think he was still a level or two above good team player.

Quoted from Simon
I'm hoping there is no truth in it but four clubs are chasing Mcatee, Peterborough, Bradford, Lincoln & Wrexham

Be a big loss if he is lured away

Can't see Lincoln or Bradford spending the fee it would take now we're in the league. Would be surprised if Wrexham would too but who knows there, the more pertinent question is probably whether or not McAtee and Davies can work in the same team as Mullin and Palmer. Posh on the other hand, if they're in for him then we might well be facing a tough battle to keep him.
Quoted from Poojah

Burchnall is widely mocked for his shamelessly data-led approach. If he’s looking for a midfield engine and he’s got his spreadsheet sorted by yards run per game, there won’t be many higher up the list than our Harry.

Could be wrong, but I was under the impression that it is the Notts board that has the big computer that crunches the numbers and tells them which Portuguese maestro to sign and that Burchnall was just brought in and taught how to press all the buttons?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 2971
PoutonStepover
June 13, 2022, 12:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Simon

I would like to think that under the new owners we wouldn't get raped like we have in the past and if he were to go it would be for a realistic fee, he must be worth 500k plus add ons etc

You are barmy if you think the club will sell McAtee for anything less than £1mil. If he signs a new contract this summer, I would double that at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 2971
298 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumours - just one thread, please !!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.